You should also have a degree in human rights, law, political science, international relations, journalism, communications or similar.
Unfortunately we have no way to handle spontaneous applications or to save applications for future needs. Please keep track of vacancies below.
Programme Officer for Eastern Europe
Civil Rights Defenders is looking for a Programme Officer for the Eastern Europe. The position will be based in Stockholm. Civil Rights Defenders is an international human rights organisation with headquarters in Sweden. We defend people’s civil and political rights and empower human rights defenders at risk. In Eastern Europe we closely co-operate with a number of human rights organisations, advocating for improvements in the realm of human rights and empowering human rights defenders at risk. We are now looking to recruit a competent and proactive Programme Officer for Eastern Europe.
Area of Responsibility
The Programme Officer (PO) is responsible to carry out and follow up on our programme and long term partnerships with human rights organisations in Eastern Europe.
The function includes:
• Monitoring and analysing the human rights situation in Eastern Europe;
• Traveling frequently (at least 40-60 days per year);
• Identifying, assessing and proposing new partners and activities;
• Conducting human rights activities with partners;
• Initiating and participating in lobbying and advocacy actions;
• Monitoring, evaluating and reporting on partnerships and activities;
• Acting as capacity-building resource for our partners;
• Providing the organisation’s management with draft editorials and supporting/additional documents for debates, etc., and writing articles, appeals and public statements for the organisation’s website and the media;
• Establishing and maintaining contacts with relevant decision-makers in the target country, Sweden and internationally.
• BA in Law, Political Science, International Relations or related fields/areas, including training in international human rights mechanisms;
• Minimum of 4 years of working experience with human rights;
• Working experience in former Soviet Union, preferably in human rights, and extensive knowledge of the human rights situation in the countries of former Soviet Union;
• Documented experience of work in the NGO sector, project management and/or advocacy work;
• Fluency in English and Russian;
• Ability and willingness to travel frequently (40-60 working days per year as a minimum).
Information about the process
For those of you who have already applied to this position (previously announced with Stockholm and Vilnius as home base), we kindly ask you not to resend your application since we already have you in our system. For questions about the recruitment process please contact Josefin Chapovalova at: email@example.com. Interviews will be held regularly during the recruitment process and the position may be filled before the application deadline.
Apply here: http://www.staffing.se/lediga-jobb/22-programme-officer-for-eastern-europe/
Application deadline: 26 of April 2014
We welcome your application!