In order to work for Civil Rights Defenders, we expect that you share our values, have a genuine interest in human rights and fundamental knowledge about the issues we work with.
You should also have a degree in human rights, law, political science, international relations, journalism, communications or similar.
Unfortunately we have no way to handle spontaneous applications or to save applications for future needs. Please keep track of vacancies below.
Civil Rights Defenders Seeks Public Relations & Social Media Manager
Background: With 30 years of experience defending people’s civil and political rights in Sweden and around the world, we seek to strengthen our position and become one of the world’s leading human rights organisations. As an important part of this strategic work, we are now expanding our Communications Department with a Public Relations & Social Media Manager.
Job Description: You will work closely with the Director of Communications and Fundraising. The role involves strengthening the organisation’s position in the regions where we operate in order to contribute to increased opportunities to influence and achieve results in the issues and legal cases we pursue. You will be responsible for developing promotional strategies, both in Sweden and internationally and working proactively and reactively with the global media. Part of your role will be to build strategic relationships with journalists, opinion leaders and other key stakeholders and to answer questions from the media.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and execute PR strategy with budgetary responsibility
- Advocacy / Lobbying
- Communications guidance with projects in which the organisation operates
- Media analysis
- Media training
- Strategic media relations spokesperson
- Organise seminars, press conferences and similar events
- Crisis management
- Writing press releases, newsletters, annual reports, articles and speeches
- Relevant university degree in economics, political science, communications or equivalent
- At least 3-5 years of relevant professional experience in the field of PR / Communications
- Ability to adapt communication to different audiences
- Deep knowledge of social media
- Very good stylistic ability
- Fluent in Swedish and English in speech and writing
- International background or experience
- Experience working as a PR consultant
- A documented interest in the issues we work on
Civil Rights Defenders is committed to recruiting free from discrimination and encourage people with minority backgrounds to apply. The post will be appointed in January-February 2015. During this recruitment process, we collaborate with Staffing. For questions please contact Josefin Chapovalova on tel: 0760-810980. We welcome your application with CV and cover letter. Apply here.