In order to work for Civil Rights Defenders, we expect that you share our values, have a genuine interest in human rights and fundamental knowledge about the issues we work with.
You should also have a degree in human rights, law, political science, international relations, journalism, communications or similar.
Unfortunately we have no way to handle spontaneous applications or to save applications for future needs. Please keep track of vacancies below.
Civil Rights Defenders is an international human rights organisation with headquarters in Sweden. We defend people’s civil and political rights and empower human rights defenders at risk worldwide.
We are Looking for an Accountant/Administrator for Our Office in Moldova
Civil Rights Defenders is an international human rights organisation based in Sweden that defends people’s civil and political rights, and empowers human rights defenders at risk. In Moldova we closely co-operate with a number of human rights organisations. We also advocate for improvements in the human rights landscape in Moldova, including Transnistria, both with regard to the general public and decision-makers.
We are now looking to recruit a competent and proactive Accountant/Administrator for Moldova, based in Chisinau. We are searching for a person with knowledge of Moldovan accounting and an ability to handle all local accounting independently. A substantial part of work associated with this position will consist of administration and support to our partners, and requires flexibility.
Area of Responsibility
The Accountant/Administrator will be responsible for carrying out and following up on financial and organisational aspects of the programme, as well as long-term partnerships with human rights organisations in Moldova. The Accountant/ Administrator also will work in close cooperation with the Programme Officer (PO) for Moldova and the Financial Department (FD) based at Stockholm headquarters.
- Financial, fiscal and managerial accounting and reporting for the organisation
- Monitor and analyse the financial support to the partners of Civil Rights Defenders in Moldova
- Provide capacity-building to Moldovan partners
- Identify and assess the problems and propose solutions regarding the implementation of contracts between Civil Rights Defenders and our local partners
- Maintain documentation on reports, financial support, audits and events in Moldova, for Civil Rights Defenders and partner reports to Civil Rights Defenders
- Secure the implementation of all Civil Rights Defenders’ regulations in Moldova office and monthly financial reporting to the FD in Stockholm
- Assist the PO with logistics support
- BA in organisation, economy, financial management or related areas, including knowledge of bookkeeping;
- Experience in financial reporting to Moldovan authorities;
- Experience in logistics support and organisation of trainings or similar events;
- Minimum of 3 years work experience, preferably in the non-profit sector;
- Fluency in English, Romanian and Russian;
Conditions of Employment
- This is a full time position, to be followed by a permanent contract after an initial six month trial period.
- Salary: Civil Rights Defenders has an individual salary policy and the salary is to be negotiated.
- Placement: Chisinau, Moldova.
Deadline for application: 15th August 2015. We will be reviewing applications as they come in and may consider selecting a shortlist before the deadline, so we welcome early applications. Please send your CV and cover letter to Alesia.Vidruk@civilrightsdefenders.org. For questions about the vacancy please contact Karin Fritz, Chief Financial Officer, +46 8-120 744 05, or Alesia Vidruk, Programme Officer for Moldova, +373 (61) 026704.