2012 Award for ”Outstanding efforts against discrimination”
In recognition of outstanding efforts made by individuals, organizations, institutions, companies and media in combating discrimination against minorities and in supporting the equality of all citizens in Serbia in 2011, the Coalition Against Discrimination has presented it’s annual awards on 4th May 2012.
The “2012 Award for outstanding efforts against discrimination”
• The Gender Equality Institute in Vojvodina in the category of best practice within the public authority
• The Monoment Group – Working group “The Four faces of Omarska” in the category of civil society organizations
• Journalist Snežana Čongradin in the category best media practice
• Media archive Ebart in the category best practice within the business sector
• Film director Stevan Filipović in the category public figure.
The winners were announced by Goran Miletic, Civil Rights Defenders Programme Director for the Western Balkans, the awards were handed out by Ambassador Vincent Degert, Head of Delegation of the European Union to the Republic of Serbia.
The Coalition Against Discrimination was initiated by Civil Rights Defenders and Centre for Advanced Legal Studies, apart from these two organisations, members are Labris – Organisation for Lesbian Human Rights, Network of the Committees for Human Rights in Serbia (CHRIS network), the Association of Students with Disabilities, Gayten LGBT, Praxis and Regional Center for Minorities.Categories: News.
Tags: Coalition Against Discrimination, Equal rights, and Goran Miletic.