Civil Rights Defenders is Looking for a Business Controller
Civil Rights Defenders (CRD) is an independent expert organisation founded in 1982 in Sweden, with the mission to defend people’s civil and political rights and empower human rights defenders at risk worldwide. CRD has a presence on four continents and is active in some of the world’s most repressive regions. By working in collaboration with 200 local partners and focusing on innovation, the goal is to achieve long-term sustainable change.
This is a great opportunity to work with international projects across many different geographic regions and cultures. If you are someone who enjoys working in a results-driven and high-performing international culture, this is the role for you. You will not have any direct reports but you will lead development and implementation in international networks with diverse people. You have proven experience of collaboration with many stakeholders, preferably in an international environment, and you know how to follow tasks through the whole process. You are a clear and inspiring communicator and you maintain an overview also in a sometimes hectic working environment.
• Conduct analysis of standard business and financial decision to contribute to a better business awareness and resource planning.
• Manage financial activities including the monthly books closing, forecasting, expense allocations and budget activities.
• Analyze variances, trends, risks, opportunities and performance against budget/forecast/targets, in order to highlight operational performance issues and recommend actions.
• Prepare and develop reports to fulfill the need for financial follow up, business planning and Business control within the organization.
• Conduct research and financial analysis and provide business cases on new project initiatives.
• Manage and financial follow up donors and partners on a regular basis.
• Academic degree, preferably in Business Administration or equivalent
• At least 3 years in a similar role
• Strong understanding of accounting fundamentals
• Very good knowledge in Excel
• Fluent in Swedish and English
As a person you are analytical and proactive and like to drive changes. You are service-minded and comfortably network and work with all levels of the organisation. You are clear in your communication and have a good portion of confidence. You work well with sudden and tight deadlines, and are able to prioritize your work.
The position is located at the Civil Rights Defenders headquarter in Stockholm and reports to the CFO, Karin Fritz.
If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible by sending your application and CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org, we will handle applications throughout the application period. Please mark your application with ref.no. 4410. If you have any questions regarding the role, please contact Sophie Lempert at +46 730 95 71 04.Categories: News and Vacancies.
Tags: Job vacancies, Lediga jobb, and Vacancy.