Intern to the Eurasia Department
We are seeking an intern for the Eastern Europe and Central Asia Department for Spring 2016. The department of Eastern Europe and Central Asia coordinates and conducts Civil Rights Defenders work in the region, which also includes advocacy and lobbying activities in Sweden. The work consists mainly of developing partnerships with local human rights organisations and supporting them in their work.
The internship consists of: Assisting the Programme Officers and the Programme Director in their daily work. The tasks are varied and include, among other things, writing articles, administrative work and assisting with the preparation of various activities and events in Sweden and abroad. During the internship Civil Rights Defenders will endeavour to offer different opportunities to their interns to take part in external events, such as seminars and meetings and also arrange internal workshops on relevant topics within our field.
- Have a genuine interest in human rights and knowledge of Civil Rights Defenders work.
- Good knowledge of Eastern Europe and Central Asia and the human rights landscape in these regions.
- Enrolled at a university in Sweden or abroad within the last year of a Bachelor degree or at Masters level. Also eligible are applicants who are recent graduates (within 1 year from graduation).
- Preferred degree in law, politics, journalism, human rights or equivalent.
- Excellent knowledge of English and Russian.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently and responsibly.
- Experience of event planning is an asset.
- Experienced in writing articles, reports and doing research.
- Good drafting skills and ability to produce results in a limited amount of time.
The internship is unpaid and starts the in January and runs until the end of May 2017. The application must be written in English and should include a cover letter and resume. Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application process is open until the 20 November 2016.Categories: News.
Tags: Eastern Europe & Central Asia and Internship.
Regions: Eastern Europe.