Vacancy – Programme Administrator, HRD:s at Risk
Civil Rights Defenders is an international human rights organisation with headquarters in Sweden. We defend people’s civil and political rights and empower human rights defenders at risk worldwide. Under the programme for human rights defenders at risk, we are now looking to recruit a Programme Administrator.
Programme Administrator, Human Rights Defenders at Risk
The programme for Human Rights Defenders (HRDs) at Risk responds to needs related to the security and protection of human rights defenders and develop trainings for human rights defenders in repressive countries, aimed at strengthen the communication and security tools for human rights work. Increased protection measures for HRDs will enhance the possibilities for HRDs to continue their activities and thereby contribute to change and increased respect for human rights. Our geographical scope includes repressive countries/regions where we already are active or plan to become more active in the near future: Russia and Eastern Europe, Central Asia, South East Asia and East Africa.
In the programme we provide emergency support and preventive security grants, we distribute personal assault alarms through the Natalia Project, conduct security related trainings for human rights defenders at risk and speak out on behalf of individual human rights defenders at risk
Much of the support including the Natalia project involves organising security related trainings for HRDs at Risk. The department conducts a big number of trainings each year, including the security related trainings at Defenders’ Days, the annual conference organised in Stockholm.
Area of Responsibility
The programme administrator (PA) is responsible for organising and following up on our trainings. The PA should also be available for various administrative support related to emergency and preventive security support.
As a Programme Administrator you will:
- Organise security related trainings in Sweden or other places around the world, in co-operation with the team and geographical departments.
- Identify participants for the trainings within the programme, in co-operation with the geographical teams
- Follow-up on trainings and activities, through evaluations and reports from participants and trainers.
- Provide reporting material to the Programme Director in regard to the development and results of the trainings.
- Some international travel to help out with trainings.
- Together with the POs and PD develop training modules and evaluation methods for the scope of the programme.
- Provide general administrative support to the programme team, such as assisting with travel and accommodation arrangements, grant documentation, smaller translations.
- Relevant academic education in international relations or other relevant social science.
- Documented experience in administrative work preferably from organising trainings, conferences, events or similar.
- Experience from human rights work in NGOs is highly desirable.
- Fluency in English and Russian. Swedish language skills is a merit.
Conditions of Employment
This is a permanent, part time (80%) position starting as soon as possible. The function may be developed to 100% later on. The Programme Administrator is stationed in Stockholm, occasionally travelling to regions where Civil Rights Defenders is working.
Deadline for application: 20 January 2015. We will be reviewing applications as they come in and may consider selecting a shortlist before the deadline, so we welcome early applications. Send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions about the vacancy please call Marie Månson, Programme Director HRDs at Risk, +46 709 89 60 10.
Categories: News and Vacancies.
Tags: Job vacancies, Lediga jobb, Vacancy, and Violence against human rights defenders.