(English) Vacancy – Programme Officer Myanmar
Civil Rights Defenders is an international human rights organisation with headquarters in Sweden. We defend people’s civil and political rights and empower human rights defenders at risk worldwide. We are now looking to recruit a competent and proactive human rights expert as Programme Officer for Myanmar.
Area of Responsibility
The Programme Officer is responsible for our human rights programme and long-term partnerships with human rights organisations in Myanmar.
As programme officer you will:
- Establish a permanent presence in Yangon and represent Civil Rights Defenders in relation to our work in Myanmar;
- Monitor and analyse the human rights situation in Myanmar;
- Travel frequently within the country and the region;
- Identify, assess and propose new partners and activities;
- Conduct human rights activities with partners;
- Initiate and participate in lobbying and advocacy actions;
- Monitor, evaluate and report on partnerships and activities;
- Act as a capacity-building resource for our partners;
- Contribute to Civil Rights Defenders communications and advocacy work
- Establish and maintain contacts with relevant decision-makers in Myanmar, regionally, in Sweden and internationally.
Qualifications and skills:
- MA in Law, Journalism, Political Science, International Relations or related field;
- A minimum of five years experience from human rights work;
- Experience from field work on human rights in Southeast Asia, and expert knowledge of the human rights situation in Southeast Asia;
- Documented experience of work on project management and international advocacy;
- Fluency in English. Burmese language skills are a merit;
- Experience in running or working in a small field office (highly desirable).
Conditions of Employment:
The Programme Officer for Myanmar will be based in Yangon with frequent travel within the country and the region. We offer a 2-year contract with possible extension. Starting date: As soon as possible.
Deadline for application: 20 January 2015. We will be reviewing applications as they come in and may consider selecting a shortlist before the deadline, so we welcome early applications. Send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information, contact Brittis Edman, Southeast Asia Programme Director at email@example.com or +46 70989 0019.
Kategorier: Nyheter och Vacancies.